Terms & Conditions
- 1. Liability release & assumption of risks
- 2. Diving experiences
- 3. Diving courses
- 4. Equipment rental
- 5. Depth & no-decompression limits
- 6. Restrictions for all diving activities
- 7. Health & physical fitness
- 8. Insurance & travel
- 9. Booking & payment
- 10. Pro Packages Learning Agreement
- 11. Schedule, cancellation & refund
- 12. Attitude, drugs, alcohol & medication
- 13. Complaints & suggestions
- 14. Website & copyrights
1.1. Inherent risks with scuba diving
There are inherent risks associated with all diving activities offered. I AM A DIVER shall not be held liable for personal injuries, property damages, or wrongful death that may occur during activities, as a result of the inherent risks associated with scuba diving or as a result of acts or omissions of other third parties. Those risks must be accepted and accounted for prior enrolling in any diving activity.
1.2. Wet environment
The staff does not accept liability for accidents or injuries occurring on the premises of the diving center, on the boat or on the shore. Please be careful, as this is often a slippery and wet environment. I AM A DIVER will not be held liable for slipping or falling while on board or shore, being cut or stuck by a boat while in water, injuries occurring while getting on or off a boat, and other perils of the sea.
1.3. Personal goods
The staff is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any personal effects. Do not bring valuable goods to the dive shop. Please use the safe facilities at your resort.
1.4. Personal diving gears and accessories
I AM A DIVER can not be held liable for loss or damage on personal diving gears as individual dive equipments, dive computer, camera and video equipment, underwater housing case, torchlight, strobe or any diving accessories.
Participant of the following programs and courses need not to hold a diving certification :
- PADI Bubblemaker program
- PADI Seal Team course
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- PADI Scuba Diver course
- PADI Open Water courses
2.1. Certified divers
Scuba diving requires a certification from any recognized diving agencies like PADI, CMAS, SDI or BSAC. It is your responsibility that you are suitably qualified and provide proof of such qualification upon request.
- Certified divers must bring all their certification cards, current log book, or a proof of dives within the last 12 months.
- Certified divers under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian present on the day of the event.
- Certified divers under 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian underwater. This parent or legal guardian MUST dive with the child.
- As certified divers you are responsible for your own and your buddy’s safety during the dive.
- As certified have to plan their dives and dive your plan by using either dive tables or a personal dive computer.
- You must begin, execute and end the dive with your dive buddy.
2.2. Autonomous divers
I AM A DIVER accept that certified scuba divers can dive on their own, without a dive leader, but with at least a buddy. I AM A DIVER will check your experience first, prior leaving you dive without a guide. For safety reasons, autonomous divers must carry their own safety equipment :
- Surface Marker Buoy (with a minimum 5 meters of line to deploy during the safety stop) or a mirror
- Audible device like a whistle
- Decompression method like a dive computer or dive tables.
2.3. Guide leaders
- Guide leaders will provide a detailed and comprehensive dive briefing before you enter the water with your buddy.
- When the guide is in the water they will remain with the group to navigate the site and to look out for any interesting marine life to show you.
- The guide leader will not provide any dive training during the dive.
2.4. Refresher (PADI ReActivate program)
Many agencies recommend a Refresher or Skills Review if you didn’t dive within the last 6 months. It is your responsibility, be honest and know your limits. If you are not confident, I AM A DIVER can offer a refresher following the PADI ReActivate program, and make you regain confidence and comfort.
- I AM A DIVER will consider your previous diving experience. For safety reasons, I AM A DIVER will highly recommend to enroll in a refresher program if you didn’t dive within the last 12 months.
- The refresher should be booked in advance and takes place on your first day.
- I AM A DIVER reserves the right to provide and charge for a refresher or restrict diving activities if the instructor has any concerns regarding diver safety.
2.5. Check dive (PADI Discover Local Diving program)
Every diving experience is different and unique. I AM A DIVER is aware with all diving careers. Even after a period of diving inactivity as an experienced diver, I M A DIVER advise you should complete a Check Dive prior starting your dive. This allows you to check your buoyancy in an unfamiliar diving environment and acquaint yourself with your equipment. This can be arranged locally and will be incorporated into your first dive and includes the following skills :
- Remove, replace and clear a mask
- Recover and clear a regulator
- Share air with an alternate air source
- Achieve neutral buoyancy with your BCD
- Medical form : While enrolling in any dive course, regardless of previous experience or training, I AM A DIVER requires a complete medical questionnaire to be filled out. Check section 7. Healt & physical fitness
- Registration form : Students are invited to fill properly their credentials, especially their name, first name, e-mail and mailing home address.
- Course paperworks must be signed by a parent or legal guardian for students below 18 years old.
3.2. Course schedules
Course schedules are offered in good faith. I AM A DIVER reserves the right to delay the start of a course. The course could be delayed due to weather or for any safety reason, students have to arrange their staying. If the student want to cancel the course, please check section 11. Schedule, cancellation & refund
3.3. Changing your plans …
… before your arrival : Please contact me as soon as you wish to make any changes to your diving course. If you choose to amend your program, I AM A DIVER will try to accommodate your requests however additional fee may apply.
… during your course : If you are unable to participate on the given day, I AM A DIVER will be happy to reschedule your class. Courses are scheduled so they can be finished in the number of days allocated.
Check section 11. Schedule, cancellation and refund
3.4. Incomplete course
If the student fail to complete his diving course or miss a part of the course (either a classroom or water session), the student have to pay extra rate of 15 EUR per classroom session and 25 EUR per water session. The session will be made up at the instructors convenience.
3.5. Physical injuries or sickness
If the student can not complete the diving course due to a physical injuries or sickness, I AM A DIVER will proportionally refund the course fee. More details in section 11. Schedule, cancellation & refund
3.6. Course materials
- It is required that all students have their own personal and up-to-date PADI materials.
- PADI materials are included in all recreational course fee.
- PADI materials could not be refund once you already open your crewpack or activate your online voucher.
3.7. PADI eLearning courses
- For PADI eLearning, student must register on PADI website (www.padi.com) and order the online course to PADI.
- Once you complete your online course, remember to print your results and referral form.
3.8. Confined water
Confined open water is an open water site that offers swimming pool-like conditions with respect to clarity, calmness, and depth. It has both shallow water and water sufficiently deep to allow student divers to meet all skill performance requirements. Confined water session would take place in shallow sea or in a swimming pool.
3.9. Open water
Open water is a body of water significantly larger than a swimming pool offering conditions typical of a natural body of water encountered by divers. Open water dive could be done from the shore, boat or a mixture of both.
3.10. Certification issuance
Certification will be issued within 7 days after the end of your course, AND only if both conditions are met :
- The student have fully met all performances requirements.
- The student have fully paid the diving course fee, include required materials and PADI fee.
You will receive by e-mail your temporary certification card. Certification will be proceed by the regional PADI Office. For South-Eastern Asia area, the regional PADI office is located in Australia.
3.11. Certification card
- The certification card will be sent by post-mail from Australia. It will take up until 6 weeks. After this period, if you don’t receive your card, please contact me.
- The student will receive the certification card directly at the home address written on the registration form.
- If there is any mistake with the certification card (wrong name, incorrect picture, etc …), please contact me.
4.1. Equipment checking
Divers are highly encouraged to check their rented equipments themselves. If there is any issue, please ask for a replacement.
4.2. Loss and damage
- Divers will be charged full replacement cost for any LOST equipment, so please ensure your equipment is logged back in and signed by a staff.
- Divers will be charged for any damage with the rented equipment.
- Replacement costs list is available at the diving center on demand.
4.3. Equipment care
- Please replace the dust-cap on your regulator before rinsing it. If water enter into the regulator first stage, guest have to pay a 50 EUR for cleaning and servicing.
- Guest must care their personal equipments.
- Guests don’t have to care of the rented equipment after the dives. The staff will clean, rinse and dry the rented equipment.
5.1. Depth limits for recreational divers
- Children 10 – 11 years old : 12 meters
- Children 12 – 14 years old : 21 meters
- Discover Scuba Diving participant : 12 meters
- Open Water divers : 18 meters
- Advanced Open Water divers certified after June 1998 : 30 meters
- Advanced Open Water divers certified before June 1998 and divers with the PADI Deep Diver Specialty certification : 40 meters
- For divers certified from another agency, our staff will check your limits then will define your depth limit.
5.2. Considerations for recreational diving
- No decompression stops, even if you are using a dive computer. Stay safe. Have a longer surface interval, limit your bottom time or your depth.
- No overhead environment or with restrictions.
- No wreck or cave penetration, if you are not qualified for, and if the conditions are not sufficient.
5.3. Enriched Air
- Don’t use enriched air tanks if you are not qualified for.
- Use the general procedure for analyzing the content of your enriched air tanks.
- Write down your results and your Maximum Operating Depth in the records book.
5.4. Technical diving
For technical divers, the diving plan will be defined with a technical diving instructor. All parameters will be considered including, but not limited to :
- The training levels
- Your equipment
- The gas mixes
- The environment
- The available safety equipments
- The available staff for safety
6.1. Pregnant women
Not suitable for pregnant women.
6.2. Sight underwater
Wearing of any type of glasses or goggles is not possible with a scuba mask, however contact lenses are fine.
Divers with disabilities require some equipment adjustments, please contact me.
6.4. Training dives
- For children below 15 years old AND non-certified divers (Discover Scuba Diving program), no more than 2 open water dives per day.
- For any PADI course students, no mare than 3 open water training dives per day.
6.5. Time before a commercial flight
After the completion of your diving trip, I AM A DIVER recommend that you do not fly before 24 hours.
7.1. General considerations
The scuba diving activities can be physically demanding, and as such, you will be required to be reasonably physically fit to participate and enjoy these activities. Discomfort, displeasure and pain resulting from the inability to do these activities as a result of physical unfitness are not ground for complaint or refund.
- Specific diet : If you need special diet (like vegetarian food) or if you have food allergies, please the staff as soon as possible. Should you have any restrictions or requirements and not inform I AM A DIVER previous to your trip departures, it may be difficult or impossible to meet such demands.
- If you are allergic to any form of medication, please inform the staff and state this clearly on the Registration Form.
7.3. Medical statement
It is mandatory to complete a medical statement prior any in water session. This is a basic health questionnaire, but you have to fill honestly. If the diver answers by YES to any one of the questions on the form, please contact me as the diver will require an additional form to be signed by a physician prior starting the course. Without medical authorization the dive will not go ahead.
7.4. Responsibilities of I AM A DIVER
I AM A DIVER reserves the right to refuse the medical note, if I AM A DIVER feel the diver is unsuitable to participate and could possibly jeopardize the health and safety of himself and other participants. I AM A DIVER is not qualified to give you any medical advice. If you are unsure about any medical matter then please seek advice from a physician before scuba diving activities.
I AM A DIVER is not willing to risk your life or endanger those around you by under-estimating your health conditions.
7.5. Known issues
- Asthma : Please be aware that I AM A DIVER do not accept divers with asthma if you had an attack in the last 5 years – or those who take medication for prevention or treatment of asthma on all our dive trips.
- DCS & DCI : Previous cases of DCS and DCI in the last 5 years would require a medical clearance from a hyperbaric trained specialist.
- Diabetes : Unfortunately I AM A DIVER do not accept divers with this condition, as our staff are not medically qualified to deal with any medical problems that may arise.
- Hypertension : I AM A DIVER also can not accept divers with hypertension (high blood pressure) or divers using anti-depressants (example : Prozac).
- Thyroid Disease : Divers with thyroid disease or having no thyroid gland should bring a medical statement dated within the past 3 months proving that their cardiovascular system has been critically assessed.
- Seasickness : Seasickness can create discomfort when the boat travel. You can prevent from seasickness with some soft medicine. Ask your physician for advise.
8.1. Travel insurance
I AM A DIVER highly recommend that you take out a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy that includes medical, accident, baggages, personal liability and effects, trip cancellation and interruption when a reservation is made. Please be advised that if guests choose to not carry a travel insurance, I AM A DIVER will not be held responsible for any financial disappointment caused by reasons beyond our control.
8.2. Insurance for certified divers
I AM A DIVER recommend all certified divers to have a personal diving insurance for their diving activities. All certified divers should ensure they have appropriate insurance to cover the diving they will be doing during their trip.
8.3. Insurance for students divers
As a student diver attending one of the PADI recreational courses, you are insured against diving accidents that may happen during your training.
8.4. Insurance for technical divers
I AM A DIVER require that all technical divers sign up for diving insurance for any technical diving activities.
8.5. Short term insurance
For those that forgot to take a policy, I AM A DIVER do have short term dive insurance which can be obtained at the diving center, this insurance can cover the duration of the trip.
8.6. Travel consideration
Guests are responsible for checking with the Embassy in their home country prior to arrival regarding visa applications. I AM A DIVER is not responsible for cancellation costs resulting in failed or delayed visa applications. It is incumbent upon you to ensure that you meet the passport, visa, health requirements of the countries you wish to visit and those that you transit.
- I AM A DIVER reserves the right to modify the fares without notice.
- All fares are quoted inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
9.2. Booking process
Your booking is confirming ONLY by a deposit for any PADI courses or programs. The deposit vary. You can make your deposit using either these 2 methods :
- By Paypal : Book directly on the website www.iamadiver.com
- By wire transfer : Please contact me, I will transmit you the bank account informations.
For bookings where deposit is not made prior your arrival, I AM A DIVER is not able to guarantee course or boat slots. Your booking will be confirmed by e-mail only. Deposits are not fully refundable but valid if you reschedule you trip Please check section 11. Schedule, cancellation & refund
9.3. Miscellaneous Informations
After you receive your confirmation, please be prepared to provide the following details :
- Full names of all students (indicate Mr/Mrs/Ms, and if you are a couple)
- Email addresses for all guests in your party
- Flight arrival and departure details for all of your group
- Hotel arrangements including arrival date and telephone number
- Scuba certification levels
- Number of dives
- Date of last dive
- Any special dietary requirements
- etc …
Those payment methods are available at the diving center :
- Credit cards : There is extra-charge for using a credit card at our facilities. Check in the office.
- By cash.
10.1. Limitations of Bali
Full payment must be completed prior to the start of the course, this is an island and power outages can cause bank delays, the ATM can be out of order, etc…. However it is every student’s responsibility to ensure that full payment is made prior to the start of the training.
10.2. Payment by wire transfer
Any request to pay by bank transfer should be initiated prior your arrival. I recommend that payment is made by bank transfer to the company account, this is the safest and securest method, with the minimum of commissions, though transfer fee do exist.
After the program has begun, no reimbursements can be made. However should sickness or other special circumstances force a candidate to withdraw from the program then they can join the next scheduled course at no extra charge. Refunds will only be issued for in cases of family emergency of bereavement or medical emergencies. Certificates will need to be produced for refunds to be issued and will only be paid for courses not yet started. If a refund is issued and the package is not completed, then all previous discounts applied to courses will not be valid and the individual course rates will be charged.
As for any PADI materials, if you already open you crewpack, no refund will be made.
11.1. Reschedule your booking
If you want to change your booking after you have made your reservation, I AM A DIVER will do our best to accommodate these changes. Please be aware that it may not always be possible. You should notify us as soon as possible of any changes.
11.2. Diving trip schedule
If departure of the boat or shore diving is not advisable – or may be dangerous to the life or health of the guests, the staff has the sole discretion to delay or cancel the diving activities, due to conditions including, but not limited to :
- Direct events : bad weather, perils of the sea, Acts of God, force major, accidents to or failure of machinery or vehicles, damage on rental equipments.
- Indirect events : war, civil disturbance, flight delays, Acts of Government, political incidents, or industrial disputes.
Likewise during the cruise, if bad weather or force majeure events occur that make it inadvisable for guests to land or for the boat to enter port, then the captain shall have the right to delay or postpone the trip until conditions allow, and to make adjustments to the itinerary that may include cancellation of calls to ports, or the re-sequencing of dive sites.
There will be an administration fee of 20 EUR for any cancellation, plus the following conditions :
- Cancel your booking 30 days or more prior your arrival, I AM A DIVER will refund 100% of your deposit, but minus 20 EUR for administration fee. Examples : 30 EUR for PADI Discover Scuba Diving program, or 80 EUR for a PADI Open Water course.
- Cancel your booking less than 30 days prior your arrival, I AM A DIVER will refund 50% of your deposit, but minus 20 EUR for administration fee. Examples : 15 EUR for PADI Discover Scuba Diving program, or 40 EUR for a PADI Open Water courses. The other 50% will be held by I AM A DIVER on a bank account, to be used as part-payment for a future booking within the next 6 months.
- Cancellation of any technical tanks (Nitrox, Trimix, Oxygen) must be received no later than 48 hours prior to the course beginning. Failure to do so will incur a charge of 100% of the total cost.
11.4. Refund for incomplete courses or programs
- No refund or compensation is due payable by I AM A DIVER for any unused training or trip portions. Divers who do not complete training or trips for any reason, are not entitled to a refund for a portion of the total cost.
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving : Should you decide to stop the program having completed the first pool or confined water training, I AM A DIVER will refund the value of the open water dive which is 30% of the program cost.
- For PADI courses : If, after the day 1 of training and before day 2, you decide to not continue then I AM A DIVER will proportionally refund your course fee. Refunds do not include payments made to PADI (eLearning) or the cost of any materials (online voucher, crewpack).
12.1. Proper attitude
I AM A DIVER and the dive leaders can prohibit participation on dives at their discretion based on lack of respect good practices of diving and regulations, lack of respect – or « handling » of any marine life, alcohol consumption between dives or not abiding by international safe diving standards. In this case I AM A DIVER will not refund you for the missed dives.
12.2. Illegal substances
The use of drugs, alcohol, smoking and medication before diving is strictly prohibited. The use of drugs during any diving course is forbidden. Anyone under the influence will be asked to leave the program, no refunds will be issued.
12.3. Priority to safety
I AM A DIVER is an active professional PADI member. I am considering all PADI Standards and Safe Diving Practices. So I will not tolerate any dangerous or hazardous attitude. The staff may call off a dive for a diver, a group or everybody, because the divers endanger themselves or the entire team. No refunds will be issued,
13.1. The right approach
With I AM A DIVER, I see nothing as a complaint but as something I can improve. If you receive great service, please tell others, if you have an issue with the service provided, PLEASE TELL ME !
Your experience, from the moment of booking to the departure terminal is all part of our relationship. You have chosen to share your valuable vacation with me and I take that seriously. If, at any point, you feel that you have been treated unfairly before or during your scuba diving activity then please let me know in writing as soon as possible. Please make sure that you provide me with as much information as possible, so I will able to investigate your case fully. Supply me all proofs with dates, names, conversations and facts.
If you don’t tell why you are disappointed, I will not be able to improve the quality and service for you and others.
13.2. Reports and logs
I do have some advice if you feel that the activity is not up to standards. Please report any issues IMMEDIATELY :
- As soon as you feel there is an issue – Tell someone. Make sure that you express any dissatisfaction clearly, and at the soonest opportunity, so any problem can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Inform the staff members of the activity. Please notify your guide and be specific as to what exactly the issue is, and how we may help to resolve the problem. All staff members are trained in many fields, and are often in these positions for their problem solving abilities.
- Your satisfaction is still incomplete ? If your problem cannot be resolved, then the general management will represent and support you and attempt to reach any settlement to a satisfactory reasonable resolution of said issue.
- Keep a record. If appropriate, then provide written documentation and a factual record of the occurrence, who was involved, and how you attempted to resolve the issues. Names, times, and details are important, please provide all facts, events, conversations and agreements that are related to your complaint in a timely manner. I am on your side, but nothing can resolved if you do not take the time to lodge a formal written complaint no later than 28 days after said event.
All screens appearing on this website including graphics, text elements, site design, logos, images and icons, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of I AM A DIVER unless otherwise specified. All rights not expressly granted here in are reserved. Permission is granted to for using this site as a shopping or informational resource.
Any other use of materials of this site, including reproductions, modification, distribution, re-transmission or publication of any copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited without the expressed written consent of I AM A DIVER.
All Trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to iamadiver.com or other respective owners that have granted I AM A DIVER the right and license to use such marks. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless I AM A DIVER from any and all unauthorized use you may make of any material on the website. You acknowledge that unauthorized use of the contents could cause irreparable harm to I AM A DIVER and that in the event of an unauthorized use, I AM A DIVER shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
Please be aware that, at times, information stated on the website may be inaccurate : prices may have changed, dive courses added/no longer on offer, package details changed. I AM A DIVER will endeavor to keep the website and the blog accurate and updated, and to adhere to information on the website, but it may not always be possible.
- I AM A DIVER does not collect personally identifying data from this website except when specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- I AM A DIVER may use your personal informations only for services within I AM A DIVER.
- I AM A DIVER do not transfer it to third parties.
- With the input of your personal informations, you permit the storage of your informations and the usage of it for processes associated with I AM A DIVER.
- I AM A DIVER only sends emails to individuals who have expressly shared their informations for the purpose of receiving offers and information in the future.